We hope you will consider exhibiting your work at For the Love of Pixar. The art show returns on Saturday, February 27th, 2016 from 2 pm- 8:30 pm in San Diego at 4694 Cape May Ave. An opening reception will be held on Friday, February 26th from 6 pm- 9:30 pm.
Artists eager to participate in this exhibition must complete the entry form on this page. The deadline to mail-in, drop-off, or arrange for artwork pick-up and submission is Tuesday, February 16th.
Please read the following rules before completing the entry form on the right.
1. Artists participating in this benefit exhibition must submit at least ONE entry. The first entry will not be for sold and will only be showcased. A SECOND entry may be submitted, but must be donated to the exhibition for charity fundraising. Donated original works or prints will be sold and priced at the discretion of the exhibitor.
2. The first entry may be in any medium and must be inspired by Pixar's Inside Out. Derivative (work that adds to the original), Transformative (work that has been changed and represented in a new way), or Parodies/Mashups (derivative works that focus on humor), are welcome. Works that are direct copies of the original will not be accepted.
Disney/Pixar characters, names, logos, and settings are intellectual property of the Walt Disney Company. That being said, your Derivative, Transformative, or Parody submission will only be showcased and NOT sold at our exhibition. Also, please note that artwork that defames any real person or any fictional character will not be shown.
Inside Out inspired submissions should not exceed 36 inches in length or 24 inches in width.
3. A SECOND entry is optional, but must be an original creation imagining a not yet existing emotion or character or setting in the Inside Out universe. Paintings, drawings, computer generated illustrations/designs, or photographs are welcome.
Original characters, names, logos, and settings created by you are your intellectual property. Rights will not be forfeited when your creation is donated and sold. Copyright protection is available for both published and unpublished works to the creators of "original works" under the copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code), section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act.
For the Love of Pixar staff reserves the right to photograph any or all works submitted for this exhibit, for publicity, press, and/or educational purposes.
Original submissions should not exceed 36 inches in length or 24 inches in width.
4. This is a family-friendly exhibition. Artwork unsuitable for our audience will not be displayed.
5. If you are submitting photography or a computer generated illustration or design, please be sure to mat your artwork or in the case of 3-D art, please place it in an appropriate display.
On the day of the event, exhibition staff will be monitoring the show floor, but will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged artwork. Once the art is on displayed, it is not to leave the exhibition area unless sold or removed permanently by the artist or the exhibition staff.
If you have any questions regarding the rules or have special requirements, please email Roberto Comparan at firstname.lastname@example.org